Who needs Windows Embedded Compact 7 support on Adapteva Parallella-16 Embedded Platform (example - Medical area).
The Parallella-16 Embedded Platform designed for evaluating Epiphany-III 16 cores RISC processor with Xilinx Zynq-7000 as host system. Our task was to develop Windows Embedded Compact 7 board support package for Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP with special library for Epiphany multicore CPU.
DAB-Embedded experts made Windows Embedded Compact 7 board support package for Parallella-16 Embedded Platform and modified Epiphany Software Development Kit for Windows Embedded platform.
Epiphany Software Development Stack for Windows Embedded Compact:
Board support package include:
EBOOT bootloader with L1 instruction and data cache, UART, Watchdog, Ethernet and SDHC.
Transfering parameters from EBOOT to OAL (OAL ARGs);
- L1 instruction and data cache initialization, L2 cache initialization;
- 2nd core initialization;
- Interrupt controller (GIC) initialization;
- Real Time Clock (software-based) initialization;
- Vector float point (VFPv4) unit initialization;
- Initialization translation table for the OS (fixed or variable);
- Core profiler initialization;
- Debug output initialization;
- Kernel independent Transport Layer (KITL) with GEMAC network peripheral (poll or interrupt mode) for core debugging;
- Virtual Network Miniport (VMINI) bridge for simultaneous operation of the code debugger and network adapter in the OS;
- Watchdog timer initialization;
- Power management system initialization with support of the OEMIdle() idleness subroutine (where WFI instruction should be used);
Kernel drivers for:
- SD/SDHC/eMMC memory, SDIO devices;
- HDMI display support;
- General digital I/O (GPIO);
- I2C bus;
- UART support;
- GEMAC (10/100/1000);
- USB Host with external PHY;
- eLink support;