February 10, 2015to all articles
DAB-EMBEDDED will be describes Cyclone V SoC system architecture (including HPS), Qsys and QuartusII tools. Also, DAB-EMBEDDED will demonstrate how to create Qsys design from scratch with Linux and baremetal app, how to generate preloader and prepare SD card for booting. Another important discussion will be about Cyclone V SoC based hardware customization and solving general problems.
Training will take place at Karel de Grote Hogeschool, Campus Groenplaats, Room 221 (Nationalestraat 5, Antwerp 2000) Training is free and will starts at 16:00 and the event will finished at 19:00
Registration will start at 15:30
- Altera Cyclone V SoC overview
- ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore overview
- ARM and FPGA interconnect overview
- Quartus II 14.0 tool and Qsys short overview
- Coffee break
- Creating FPGA firmware with Qsys and Quartus (+ Demo)
- Preparing Preloader, u-boot and Linux with rootfs (using LFS or Yocto) for booting from SD card (+ Demo)
- Writing custom device drivers and applications (+ Demo)
- Q & A
Training language: English. How to register:
Registration / or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org SoCKit board will be used as main hardware for all demos.