DAB-EMBEDDED has been started Windows Embedded Compact 2013 board support package developing to NVIDIA K1 SOC.
Tegra K1 is NVIDIA’s latest mobile processor. It features a Kepler GPU with 192 cores, an NVIDIA 4-plus-1 quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, integrated video encoding and decoding support, image/signal processing, and many other system-level features. The Kepler GPU in Tegra K1 is built on the same high-performance, energy-efficient Kepler GPU architecture that is found in our high-end GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla GPUs for graphics and computing. That makes it the only mobile processor today that supports CUDA 6 for computing and full desktop OpenGL 4.4 and DirectX 11 for graphics.
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 development board is used as main hardware platform:
Basic OS port will have next features:
- SD/eMMC/SPI booting
- Ethernet RTL8111GS Realtek GigE LAN/PHY support
- L1 & L2 cache support
- UART4 support (debug messages)
- L1 instruction and data cache initialization, L2 cache initialization.
- Interrupt controller (GIC) initialization.
- Initialization translation table for memory management unit (MMU).
- Dedicated timer initialization for the OS (fixed or variable).
- Core profiler initialization.
- Debug output initialization (UART4).
- Kernel Independent Transport Layer (KITL) via the RTL8111GS GEMAC network peripheral (with support of operation via interrupts or by method of continuous scanning) for core debugging.
- Virtual Network Miniport (VMINI) bridge for simultaneous operation of the core debugger and network adapter in the OS.
Drivers for next hardware:
- Display controller.